Wednesday, July 8

Welcome to Fields, Oregon

Photo documentation of where my parents will eventually retire, right, Mom??? ;)

Okay, well my mom says never, but I'd still think it'd be a kick to visit "our" town.

But don't hold your breath, people,...and just check it out.

Almost....there! It's almost as exciting as going to Redding...right Hayley?

That's it. The whole town. Well at least they water their trees.

If the sign was "donated" then there's no trust fund for those with the town's name. :(

Hi, welcome to the promise land...or at least...the business location for a day.

I will steal this sign eventually. Roadtrip, anyone? Gas is on me. I'll sing too.

I lost my $#!t with this "emo" picture of my dad, the Beaver bubba keg, and the sign.

Ya, we didn't really get to yack much since there wasn't cell service either.

Final Tally: 4 dead birds (my dad called them suicidal - apparently that was the case), and the almost-roadkill count of 1 deer, 1 bunny, and a few squirrels.

And somehow I still kinda miss Oregon...even the backwoods, missing teeth, shotgun-toting, barefoot and pregnant, cousin-marrying kind that inhabit the not-so-glamourous parts.

5 comments:

  1. don't you go talkin' 'bout my people like that! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Road trip? I'm in! And we can stop at 'Kerbyville' and finally climb 'Kerby Peak'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yes Kerby, and we'll hit up Nimrod just East of Eugene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so this town has an elementary school, but apparently that's it.....I could have saved myself a lot of money in college costs had I raised my kids there....hahaha, not so funny now Ashley, huh? Let's see, no degree, no WOOK, No Germany, no Pensacola, no Norfolk....shall I keep going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sheriff says.... I've picked out this little place with his and hers tractors. I'm going to surprise Martha, so don't tell!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS