Tuesday, December 29

It's Already Happening

I come home from work. Plop onto the couch. Crack open the laptop and refresh Blogger, thinking, So who's posted today??

Usually Mr. Wookie's already home, and if I'm really lucky, he's already started dinner.

But for the next 10 days, I'm roommate-less.

So tonight, as I come home, crash on the couch, start scrolling through Mommy McD's million posts (not judging, we all have backlog somewhere), I had a silent prayer that dinner would just appear for me. Guess what? I was wrong.

And now it's past 7pm, my time, which means Snappers (our local watering hole) is out of the question. I mean, I could still go, but I wouldn't get the $3 Happy Hour burger which is awesome. I'd have to pay $7 for it. So I don't think so.

So as I hunch over the keyboard mercilessly typing in for Gabriel's twin brother, the Archangel of Food Delivery, to arrive, I've made a plate of goat cheese and water crackers hoping for inspiration. And a little fuel for the 3 miles I have to log tonight. Via treadmill (ugh!).

I'm thinking my standby might have to come out of bullpin tonight.

What's my standby? Breakfast, bitches. And tonight, in the form of bacon and eggs. A little bit of protein, a little bit of cholesterol, a whole lot of TASTY!

I can see it now. "Hi, this is Martha Stewart, I love your idea of a goat cheese appy with a bacon-and-egg dinner. Let's put it on my website." Or not.

Edited to add:

You know it's cold when you freeze on the 50 yard walk to the gym. And yes, some may liken me to a wimp when it comes to lower temperatures. I don't think I have an argument against it. I just take life based on my genetics. Pale redhead. Ideal conditions: temperature, with a slight mix of rain. Some call Seattle-like weather misery. I consider it gorgeous.

And yes, I'm back on the magical couch of if-I-sit-here-long-enough-maybe-dinner-will-magically-materialize. I've relied on the magical powers of this couch long enough, I guess. Onward to the kitchen. Maybe the contents of the fridge will inspire me. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS