Monday, December 21

Mama Ging, Look What Wook Got Me!

No, Mom, not that. And yes, I know you that well. No, it's not a ring. It's better. :)

It's a real live Christmas tree! Last Wednesday, Mr. Wookie texted me, "I have a surprise for you." He had just went to Costco, so I assumed that Cheerios were already a given. But then I thought, what if he bought us a fake tree (fake is what they do out here on this coast). Maybe there was a killer deal. Turns out, no, on Base had killer deals on REAL trees. Yes! This native Oregonian is not disappointed at all. Well, I mean, it's not a 10ft-plus tree like Mama Ging and the Sheriff have back home, but it'll absolutely do. Yes sirree!

And thank you to Middle Sister's whose 3-Day UPS shipment arrived at work today. And in plenty of time. Thankfully the tree is starting to look a bit more festive as I wrapped Mr. Wookie's presents this weekend. Mama Ging is trying to throw things out today as the time is slowly crunching to Christmas. Good thing this holiday only happens once a year.

Cross your fingers I'll make it back to Oregon next year. I need to. It's been 2 years since I've been back for the holidays. I say blame Mr. Wookie. Last year I skipped town to spend time with him. It had been 7 months and 26 days apart courtesy of Flight School. So I think I deserved it. This year is sadly that I don't have vacation time until January 1st. It's the downside of being the new fish at work and living on the wrong coast.

But let's hope I can make it back in February/March for New Baby '10! This would include introducing Aunt Ashley to the new arrival (gender TBD upon arrival), Partner A hitting up some Partner B/Oregonian love, and potentially side-trekking down to Redding for some delicious In N Out. "Welcome to the family niece or nephew, how do you take your burger? Double doubled? Animalized? Or plain?"

1 comment:

  1. ITS BEAUTIFUL......I'M SO GLAD YOU GOT A TREE.....NOW IT TRULY FEELS LIKE THE SEASON.......LOVE YOU!
    ----MAMA GING

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS