Friday, December 25

Merry Christmas Family, Friends, and Readers!

Whether I feel like it's Christmas or not. It's here. Tree and all. Merry Christmas!

And because of the Christmas Eve addition of family presents to the tree, it's filled out nicely below. And I wonder how many other awesome nametags I'll find.

These oddly shaped presents were the result of a recon mission yesterday. (Mom, these are them. Yes, I'll take 'after' shots.) Do you have any idea how difficult it was to wrap odd-shaped presents. Next time, I'm looking for one of those big bags you just throw crap into. Problem solved.

And what arrived Wednesday?? This lovely box. And I'm excited. Why? It's a hardwood vacuum. Yes! You know you're getting antiquated when you want home supplies like a hardwood floor vacuum. But hey, I hate sweeping. And besides, I think you're jealous.

And the last post for this early morning's blog: The obligatory Monkey Bread shot. What is Monkey Bread? Well, for starters, a severe family tradition. Each holiday eve, the Sheriff whips this up for the family to enjoy. And since the family has grown with the addition of the long-term boyfriend of Middle Sister (who has the appetite of a winter-starved Grizzly) and then a Sister-In-Law, we've had to implement 2 bundt pans for this masterpiece. But the recipe is this ooey, gooey hunk of dough, brown sugar, butter, and deliciousness. Bake for 30 minutes, ish. And enjoy. But be warned. Fighting may ensue in big families that have only made 1 pan.

2 comments:

  1. Is that monkey bread my mom and randy love that stuff. Ooo I'm hungry for dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo yummy that looks good is that home made monkey bread?? You can buy that in stores you know the freeze section of superwalmart will have it. Randy and my mom love that stuff. Never had it myself but it sound delightful. Now I'm hungrey!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS