Sunday, December 6

Surviving a Winging Party 314

As I mentioned before, the Winging is a ceremony that is followed by Drunk Fest '09.

This Winging, no different from another ceremony.

This time it was held at our watering hole: Snappers. Since the boys were in control of the location, it might as well be where most of us live and not in some far-off bar in Virginia Beach.

There was live music. Our favorite bartenders working. A good showing of people. Very stiff drinks. And lots of family and friends.

I even met a guy from Roseburg, Oregon, of all places!

It started out with dinner with the family, where they got to experience the excellent calamari that we rave over at Snappers. And to say a few drinks were had is an understatement. The Sheriff, alone, had 7 gin and tonics over the night. And a beefy cigar.

I lost track at my drink count. But I remember all the night, which is great.

And sadly I only took a handle of pictures. I was way too busy mingling, watching one husband get way too drunk to function, hear about Wook having to pour said husband into the vehicle that took him (but that was after this one husband was having digestive regurgitations in a corner in the bar), listen to the live music, talk football with the fellow Pac-10ers (from USC), and not counting my drinks.

Here's Wook's mug in all its glory. The boys are part of the "Mug Club." It's an invite-only group of Snappers regulars. And for those who know the show "Three Sheets," this is his Pleeplius Kong. Now, you, drink.

The night was a legen...dary one. Around 1:30am was last call. At 2:00am, Tiffany and Erin (our bartenders) start kicking everyone out. At 2:15am, this butt-puppet tries to buy another drink. Tiffany has to get angry. And to see a sweet North Carolina girl get angry was cute at best.

At 2:16am, we head outside so they can lock the doors and start their massive clean-up operation. It's pouring outside. There's about 8-10 of us there. One instructors recommends Bugatti's - this skeeeeeeeezy after-hours club. We've heard if you end your night there, you're making a big mistake. So I bid Wook adieu as I'm not crossing that threshold.

I head home, put in How I Met Your Mother, grab some pumpkin pie from Thanksgiving, and call it a night. Wook comes home 20 minutes after me, having not gone to Bugatti's, made a quesadilla, and watched HIMYM also. But that was after I fell asleep. It was a long night.

But overall, it was a great night. And the first time a Winging Party closed down their venue. Points for my boys. They're trained drinkers. I'm proud of them. Both their livers and their Wings. I love my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS