Monday, December 14

Ladders, Kias, Soiled Underwear, and Stiff Drinks

Woke up with a sore throat. Thought, great! Too bad I can't take the day off.

Spent the day looking up ideas for this roommate of mine for Christmas.

Went over to Dick's Sporting Goods to try on some running supplies so Mama Ging knows what sizes and colors to buy this budding runner.

Got in car, made my way for home, merged onto on-ramp, SEE MINIVAN in front of me SWERVE, SEE LADDER in the middle of ON-RAMP, SEE NO WAY around ladder on ON-RAMP, HIT FREAKIN' LADDER ON ON-RAMP. Screech to halt. "Oh, shit, Mom! I hit a f***in' ladder!"

Panic ensues.

Oh my god, what do I do now? Do I call the roadside crew to pick up this freakin' trashed piece of metal? Who the f**k leaves a ladder in the middle of the road!? OMG, is my car okay? What will my insurance say? What will the State of Oregon say? OMG, I hit a freakin' ladder! Okay, hazard lights on. Carefully drive car off of ladder. Pull over as close to the barricade/retaining wall so I'm not smooshed like a cockroach in New Orleans. Carefully get out of car. Try and look at underbelly damage. Realize a car could rear-end Smurfette and I'd be a human speed bump. Pull ladder as far off the side of the freeway as possible. Continually curse. Tell my mom I'll let her know when I'm home.

Mama Ging, I'm home. I'm having a cocktail. Wook checked out the car. The undercarriage took a small hit. Some scrape marks. A small knick in my driver's side wheel well. But no cosmetic damage that Wook saw in his initial inspection. And no air leakage in my front tire. Yet. I'll let you know tomorrow morning.

Ugh. I think I'm allowed to have a case of the Mondays with this shenanigan.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Wook for checking out the "smurfette". I appreciate that. Mama Ging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wook for checking out the "smurfette". I appreciate that......Mama Ging

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS