Sunday, December 13

Mission Accomplished!

I'm sitting here, eating some cinnamon toast, thinking of making yogurt with frosted mini wheats, some wheat germ, raisins, and whatever else I find in the fridge, and I'm under my 2-hour dream of shopping for the Left Coast. High five, me!

There were a couple phone calls, making sure sizes and colors were appropriate. There was scorning at a person ringing me up because they were slightly retarded. I had my hand shook in one store when I told them I did my entire shopping for my family in less than 2 hours. Apparently I'm awesome. I know.

Now some could say I scrimped on time spent shopping and I could have missed that perfect gift. But I'll rebuttal by saying I spent a good amount of yesterday perusing online for that perfect gift. Perfection is in the eye of the beer holder. Or is that beauty? Nevermind.

Overall, I'm very impressed I was able to get in and out without any real hassle. There were never more than a half dozen people in the same store/floor as me. It was relatively quiet. Minus Harry & David. Which is weird. This small store that overflows with Moose Munch was the single-handedly busiest store of the mall. People like their tastes of Oregon. I can't really blame them.

Next mission: WRAP JOB! But this is by the easiest of the holiday responsibilities. I'm a pro. It runs in the family. We put Mexican work ethic to shame with the Fields Sisters ability to wrap, ribbon, and bow each present in record speed. We're like a Nascar pit crew, done in under 60 seconds.

And then there are those pesky cards laying on my coffee table. I started on them last night. And by started, I mean, I wrote out one card. So, technically, yes, they're started. Sometimes I just don't know what to write either. Or how I'm going to incorporate shameless promoting of my blog. I don't know, I just feel like people should have the option to stalk my blog as opposed to occasionally stalking me on Facebook (if they even have FB). Because at least I'm funny on my blog. And I can cuss. And I talk about drinking. And it's pretty with an orange and black background. And it's mine! And I feel as if I should let people know there's a little slice of heaven on the internet.

But first, lunch. Then, maybe, laundry. And those 4 miles that need to be logged. In this drizzle of storm. Oh yay, soggy feet, my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. And just think, you and your sisters would not be the great wrappers, ribboners, and bowers, that you are had it not been for your mother, the one and only, "mama ging".
    Her ability to save 60+ gifts until just a couple of days before Christmas (ok, sometimes the day before Christmas) to wrap has installed in her daughters that incredible gift of "pit crew wrapping". ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm one of those without facebook... Shamelessly promote away!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS