Monday, February 8

And Then Life Goes And Plays By Its Own Rules!

So I debate writing this. I never like to get too open, too exposed, too revealing of my personal life. I've had a drink to calm down. A stiff drink. A your-cat-totally-just-got-ran-over-and-you're-waiting-for-Dr.-Kevorkian-to-arrive stiff drink.

Okay, it's been 2 drinks.

Today was a generic day. A boring day. Until my drive home from work.

The usual is to call a parent (remember, I alternate) and catch up with them. Yes, I'm very attached to my family. Yes, my parents are more like friends now than actual parents. So today was no different. I call the Sheriff to let him know that I've been approved for the 2-week family vacation to England this year. I was excited. Very excited.

But that excitement was squished. Like a cockroach. In New Orleans.

I hear an intercom system. It sounds like the Sheriff's at the airport. He's not. He's at the other place with intercom systems. We call it the "horse-pistol." You know if it as the hospital.

Well Mama Ging is back in the hospital. No, this hasn't been a regular activity. Her last admittance was about this time last year. Same thing. The surgery she had back in the day (like pre-Ging day; like before she knew she would could have anymore children, let alone 3 daughters to complete raid her wardrobe) was having complications. An amazing 26 years after the fact. So the hospital it was.

And imagine how I felt knowing that I was 2 connections away/12 hours of flight time last year. And NOW I have a job that I don't know if I can escape to visit the Giver Of The Ging Genes. But I'll try my best if I have to.

So now you know why I've had 2 cocktails the size of Mr. Wookie's skull. It's been rough. A slightly teary drive home from work. But I'm hopefully. Optimistic. So is Mr. Wookie.

Until then, please keep the good thoughts/chi/energy/positive belief in cows/upward karma coming my/Mama Ging's way. If not for my sanity, for my bar stock. Who knows how much I'll have to rely on to keep my sanity stable.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Sending prayers your mother's way--how frightened you must feel to be far away while she's going on. I hope you have a great support network and that you're able to take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. Jeesh. I wish I could get down there for you. Text, call, verbal vomit email - anytime. Hugs my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending positive thoughts all the way to the Wrong Coast.

    Hang in there.

    Make Wook mix you another cocktail, or twelve.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS