Tuesday, February 2

Yesterday Didn't Have To Be A Snow Day

I got into the office this morning, roaring to go. I knew I had a lot on my schedule this week. And yesterday, being the one slow day in the mix was my day to plan out everything.

Well take 6 inches of snow, a shutdown city, and this blogger being cabin fever'd indoors, I could have borrowed Mr. Wookie's Jeep, complete with 4-wheel crawl, and made it into work to have a quiet day to myself.

But noooo...

I didn't know that I could do that. My boss almost even called me into the Downtown office (oh to be lucky enough to work at that location, but it's like a baby office so they don't need me) to help out there with the few that came in. OMG, I would have had something to do yesterday! Oh, and that little thing called "double pay." Oooooo, me likey.

So now she knows to call me when things like this happen.

And as much fun as it was to complete scour the Loft with Mr. Wookie, color coordinate my closet, organize my out-of-season wear, make more piles of stuff to donate, do and undo the umpteenth load of dishes, a day spent the way my Monday should have gone would have completely benefited this week.

Instead, I got to call last minute orders in for today. Yay, I love waiting until the last minute. But this time it wasn't me. It was nature. Bad Nature!

So now my lunch hour is almost over. My lunch was so-so. I forgot to pack bread for my sandwich, so I had a coworker who was running next door for a bagel pick me one up also. And this afternoon will be spent coordinating tomorrow. And enjoying another cup of coffee. Fuel is important, people. No one wants a napping Ging on the job.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and by the way, there are a number of people who despite your eyes and your height, can see the resemblance to your MOM. So, whether you like it or not, you do look like you belong.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS