Thursday, February 4

It's Thursday, Past 9pm, And I'm Tired. Party Animal.

- Can Pepto Bismal go stale? Because I swear I just cracked a tooth.

- They say women get better at running with age. I can agree with that. The last Summer Olympics Marathon (Female) Gold Medalist was 38. I can look forward to that. No, not the marathon part. The running part. I can't believe I just typed that.

- And regarding that little Half Marathon that I fooooooolishly signed up for in November. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Oh, 13.1 miles. It won't be that bad. Ya, because I have so much free time to spend galavanting around the gay district of Norfolk. How do people work and train for marathons, much less? I swear they've found a worm hole which produces more than 24 hours in a day. I, however, come home pooped, want to grab a cold beer and plop on the couch, but force myself to legging up because it's barely over freezing outside and I need to log miles.

- Question: Do you count "miles" on the elliptical as a.) miles tallied on your running shoes, and b.) miles logged for the year? I'm torn. Part of me thinks that, Yes, you worked out in the shoes, therefore the miles should be logged, so they can be appropriately replaced. But then again I'm torn. Elliptical-ing is NOT running. So why should the miles be falsely logged. Insight?

- We have another storm advisory for the area for this weekend. Oh great. Another weekend of, I swear if Ging posts another story about Cabin Fever I'm going to email my hand to her and make her slap herself. So it's your duty to convince the storm to go elsewhere. Rain's accepted though. Always accepted.

- So I invited Dr. Stacey Kevorkian to the "Graduation Kegger" that'll be had after Middle Sister's Commencement in June. A.) It's been forever since I've seen her. B.) We'll have a great time getting drunk with Baby Sister. I mean, parents, we'll be playing Backgammon. Responsibly. And C.) I'll even spot her $5 for the red SOLO cup so she's official.

- I broke my Cardinal Law last week. I felt ashamed. Very ashamed.

- My Cardinal Law is that I promised myself once I graduated college I could no longer go to the market in lounge/sleepwear. Until then, I had only done it twice. That's what she said. Both times were in my hometown. Both times with my good friend, Collin. And both times they were beer runs. At like 11pm. Because it's my hometown and there's not much to do.

- Why does running sometimes tear my stomach up? I mean, I can deal with the retarded amount of snot that my nose makes. But when my stomach is doing Triple Lutz's in preparation for Vancouver 2010, I just want to keel over. Enough, stomach. I'm training here. I don't need you cramping my style. Get it? Cramping...

- Every time I get a text, I swear it's THE announcement. You know...ACTIVE LABOR. We're down to the wire in terms of BabyGate 2010. Officially due February 10th, I was feeling like this week was looking lucky. After all, the Sister in Law has been at 3cms for 2 weeks. Well apparently I shouldn't go into fortune telling. Because we haven't been able to diagnose genitalia yet.

- So a couple weeks ago I mentioned that I was perusing new templates for this wonderful beauty of a blog. But then my computer goes all "must update new crap" and closes all my tabs. Bitch. And no, I didn't have them "Favorited." That's another FAIL.

- Os is wrong to keep a small container of fudge on my night stand? Last night I wanted chocolate. But not like a King's Size Kit Kat (which totally sounds good now, btw - oh wait, there's one of those in my drawer...SCORE!). I just wanted a little nibble. Something to fend off the tapeworm's attack. So I just take a half bite of fudge. No harm, no foul. Right?

- And saving the best for last: I start work tomorrow at 10am. I know, JEALOUS! Well, kinda. I was in at 7am this morning. But not a bad trade-off still. I'll be thinking of you. As I blog at 8am, enjoying coffee, eye boogies galore, knowing Mr. Wookie's been at work since 7am.

1 comment:

  1. Running is HELL on my stomach, too. It's always been, to the point where I just stopped. But maybe my problem is that I'm too young, and to REALLY be a runner I need to put it off. :) I think I like that solution.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS