Saturday, February 13

Verbal Vomit Of The Night

- I'm interested in shopping for 2 things at this moment: running socks and new sports bras. Both require a trip back to Running, Etc. (the local running-only store). But that would require a drive. And spending more money. And I'm already trying to enjoy the $100 I spent there last week in the form of new shoes. But that'll come when they're done being broken in and I can galavant around the gay district of Norfolk in my new shoes.

- Last night was great and frustrating, all in 30 minutes. I was scheduled off at 3:00pm, but didn't make it out of work until 4:45pm. But that's not where the Ging lost her lid. The irate moment came when I was 5 blocks from my apartment, but was stuck in 15-minute traffic because of the construction down the street. If only people would know how to merge, we wouldn't have this issue. I swear it's like rocket science to half these people. It took me 20 minutes of yelling at them that, "I just want to get drunk!" to park my car, huff home, change into jeans, and plop my ass on a Snappers barstool. Now, was that so much, people?

- The Sister in Law is still a parasitic-housing specimen.

- Valentine's Day is tomorrow, and I still haven't gotten a card. Part of me thinks, Why bother? I tell him I love him, why kill a tree, have someone else write something sappy, just to join the rest of the world in Hallmark's best idea ever to increase sales of paper products. But then I figure, I should tell him I love him via card after all, he cooks, he cleans, and he lets me steal the covers.

- I just saw that Blogger now has a way to have multiple pages for my blog. But then it reminds me that I still want to update my template, I want it to have Calibri as the font, and I want it to be a seamless transition. But I don't want to pay for it.

- Sometimes in the morning, it'll be considerably warmer upstairs than down. Which is fine with me. But then those mornings, all I want to do is eat breakfast in bed, dry my hair while in bed, and work from the upstairs of the Loft. Instead, I traipse through the cold to my car, to work, to my desk, and back again.

- I miss being unemployed some days. The days when you're just tired and want that extra sleep. Or the mornings where I have to be at work at 7am and Mr. Wookie doesn't have to be in until 11am. Or when I get the cleaning bug in the morning, but have to go to work instead.

- I don't miss the lackluster unemployment payments. Yes, it was nice getting paid to look for work. But it's nice getting paid much more for having an actual job.

- Now Mommy McD is having pregnancy dreams. Welcome to the club.

- I wish I lived in a place with a hot tub. Although I'd probably have perma-wrinkles and water-logged from all the time I'd spend in there.

- If not a hot tub, a fire place. There's just something about scorching the shit out of your skin because your circulation sucks because you're a female and Caveman evolution maintains that we're just uterus-es in need of our next inhabitant.

- Last Wednesday, I tried Zumba for the first time. It was...interesting. After getting over the fact that I look very stiff and awkward, I know now what it feels like to be the white girl at an all black school that didn't make the cheer squad. It's known as "White Girl Syndrome."

- I thought I had rhythm. I can dance at a club. I struggle at Zumba though. And there I was thinking I was hot shit because I listen to Erykah Badu, India.Aire, John Legend, Jill Scott, Corinne Bailey Rae, etc. Nope, just a white girl wishing I had more rhythm, but instead took ballet for over 10 years because it's what skinny, leggy girls do.

- Mommy McD could totally be a Zumba instructor.

- I think I'd make a better yoga instructor.

- The movie: Hurt Locker. Ehhh. Cute actors? Yes.

- It snowed a little last night. I didn't actually see it when it was on the ground this morning. I was busy coming up with breakfast ideas that didn't require milk because I got home from the bar last night dying for Frosted Mini Wheats. Therefore, milk's all gone.

- And I love 3-day weekends. Thus my not caring for staying almost 2 hours later on Friday to help someone out with a project. Had it been any other weekend, Peace Out Girl Scout! But instead, I get to pick my ass on Monday while many others work/attend school/having something requiring them to be productive that day. Not me. Muahahaha, not me.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. How did you know? I have been looking into becoming a Zumba instructor. Something to do, make a little cash - stay in shape! Without a treadmill... Crazy. You must have ESPN or something.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS