Sunday, August 8

I am NOT 22 anymore. I should remember this. But I don't.

So I'll say that this morning was a rough one.  It's been awhile since I've made a mistake like this.  Usually I have 2 drinks, then call it a night sometime before 10pm.  Because like I mentioned on Facebook, this blogger doesn't do well with late bedtimes.  I enjoy waking up earlier than 10am.  Well...that didn't happen this morning.

Instead, we picked up tickets to a different 80's cover band that was 2 blocks from our place.  Because we love a good 80's cover band...


This band was SENSATIONAL.  Chalk it up to the alcohol or it being a Saturday night in Norfolk, but we rocked out hard.  Jumping, dancing, singing...especially when "DON'T STOP....BELIEVING...HOLD ON TO THAT FEEEEEEEEELING!"  I felt like a kid again.  And I felt like it was a first date, I was so giddy at the end of the night.

By the time we left, our ears were ringing...my feet hurt so bad from the jumping, and I may or may not have had a difficult time maintaining a straight path from the venue home.  Woops.   But it was WORTH IT.

The band is from the DC area, so check it out if you're looking for a good throwback band.  They don't play any slow jams, so the energy remains high the entire performance.  Plus they have a costume change halfway through.  And there's plenty of zebra leggings...on a man.  And you'll be amazed at the following.  Their fans come prepared and decked out.  I even saw a jazzercise leotard.  Props.

So by now I've nursed my headache.  I've taken a shower, because I thought that maybe I could get more water into my system by osmosis.  I've had 2 glasses of water, because osmosis doesn't work like that.  Unfortunately, we could be on to something for the college students if that did work.  And now I'm getting my appetite back with crackers.  At 8:00am this morning, last night was the worst idea ever.  But now...since I feel much better...last night was a great decision.  I just won't be doing that again in awhile.  Or at least until we find another band in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS