Tuesday, August 17

North Carolina treated us well...

Friday night wasn't what it was supposed to be.  It was supposed to be a long weekend in the back hills of Carolina with Mr. Wookie's dad and sister.  Instead, it was a tiring day of packing and driving...and us calling it a night with 2+ hours to our mecca of a weekend.  I was done for the day.  But we ended up making up for the lacking of one night with an immense weekend of beverages, home cookin', and movie quoting.


Mr. Wookie's always stern in his disinterest in appearing with the blog.


And Mr. Wookie's Fajah isn't either!

This is Mr. Wookie's sister.  And she just got her permit.  And we had to go to the market. And I was volun-told to accompany her.  But it was okay.  And her smiling didn't hurt.  I didn't die (thus the blogging).  But we did drive by a just-finishing funeral.  Like just finishing...like the digging machinery was there.  Gross.


And while running around town (this time for turtle food for SpeedBump!), the rain happened to sneak back into the area.  And because there are only 3 seats in the pick-up truck...Mr. Wookie got shafted to the bed like an illegal alien picked up at Home Depot in Texas.  Minus, he was incredibly spoiled with that umbrella.  Now tell me, "Gracias."


But alas Monday came...and we needed to hit the road West.


But what's this???  Someone wanted to come with??  Why yes!  However, the only room in my car is the driver's seat.  And unfortunately, I need to reach my peddles so this area is off limits.  So...for now, I'll leave you with your rightful owners.  This time...


Meow!






I wish we could have more time there.  And my hiking gear.  And an innertube to float the river.  And loads of sunscreen.  And unlimited flights to Awesomeville, North Carolina.


A big thank you to the extended Wookie & Co. family for their unlimited hospitality in our trek out West.  The invitation stands to visit us at ANYTIME.  But during Oregon State football, please leave all Ohio State gear at home.  Otherwise, previous offers will be revoked. ;)  Thanks and have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you an uneventful (in a good way) drive out West! I love your blog, by the way...you crack me up. I hold you responsible for the coffee that sprays out my nose at 7:00 a.m., when I check your blog.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS