Sunday, August 15

Late-To-The-Party (Sunday) Fill-In

I know y'all will forgive me as we have other things in our lives currently taking precedence.  But I'm here...not linking...but will at least entertain you with my answers.  Let's hope next Friday is a bit more organized.  It better be.  I'm dying living like a turtle.  I need a home.  And some normalcy.

What is ONE thing you’d like civilians to understand about being a military family?


Please don't tell me that you could "Never be attached to the military...that you're not here to be a solo parent...that you wouldn't trust him to not cheat on you...and that moving cross country is totally a vacation."

No, most people don't involve with the military for the militarily-single aspects.  And actually, it's just as easy to have an affair in the same town as it is on a deployment.

And NO, moving across this vast country is NOT a picnic.  I'm spending my day in a car, following a Jeep with a Uhaul, going slower than normal, sleeping in a random bed each night, and hoping that I don't run out of Red Bull.  Vacations involve sand, sunscreen, and swimsuits...not never-ending gas consumption.


What is your favorite mistake?


Umm, I can't really think of one right now.  How's that for sad?



What indulgence could you give up for a year?


Well we've already not had cable while in Virginia.  And come California, I won't be joining a gym (the YMCA is $50/month...wtf??).  And I've given up drive-thru coffee the first time I lost my job.  So how about shopping?  Does that work?



If you could be a winged animal, what would you be?


Magellan from Eureka's Castle.  The tail kills me...



What is one question you’d like to see asked in a future MFF?


Again, I'm not in the most creative mood at the moment.  I've had breakfast, but I'm still not all the way with it today.  Apologies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS