Thursday, April 2

Dearly Beloved...

So we were sitting watching The Dark Knight, amazed at how long the movie was, when there was a knock on the door.

I didn't get up, 'cuz it wasn't my responsibity. We were at the Jacobson's (where Stac is house-sitting), therefore I let her wear the big girl pants. Something mumble jumble...I wasn't really paying attention. Then Stacey walks in with a collar. Huh. Apparently the neighbor wanted to inform them (and since 'them' are away on vacay, it was 'us') that their cat was dead in the gutter. A victim of it being a dark cat and probably getting hit sometime last night.

My first thought: What do you do with a dead cat?

Well I make Stacey go out there and get it. I'm not getting paid to pick up roadkill. Well neither is she, but it does make sense that she tend to the matter.

"Where do we put it? A plastic bag?"

"I'd say a paper bag. I don't want to see the outline."

So after she brought it up to the front steps, she called the owners.

"Hi Heidi, it's Stacey. If you could give me a call back here, we have a little situation, that would be great. Thanks."

After contact was made, the orders were to put Delilah into a garbage bag and into the freezer. Hopefully not next to the Totino's pizzas. They'll deal with it when they get home Saturday.

Stacey feels horrible. But I say good work, since this was her first animal death in her many years of babysitting/housesitting for this particular family. So tonight, I'll make her a drink to help her get over her Dr. Kervorkian status.

And usually I keep my camera in my purse, but unfortunately you guys have to settle for a cell phone shot. (I realize the poor quality. My phone only cost $20.00. Let's just say, I don't lose sleep over this at night.) Let's hope the gato went quick and painlessly into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS