Saturday, April 18

Oh, My Aching Back...

As you know, the parents are out of town. As you know, when the cat's away the mice will play.

In my recent efforts to go through every single thing I possess, I've turned to the garage. My parents' garage. The garage that houses every other momento to our family (2 parents, 4 kids...that crap adds up). I swear, it looks like the set for Band of Brothers.

You won't believe the awesome, and not so awesome, stuff I found.

- About 5 half bottles of booze. Dude, where have you been this whole time I've been living with my parents?

- A years worth of Fitness magazines. From 1995. Yes, 1.9.9.5.

- My doll that was used during the "doll dance" in the Nutcracker.

- An awesome Beaver scarf. Score. Dibs.

- My favorite 90's shoes that are reminicent of the Spice Girls.

- My Senior project.

- And all my sports shirts from my years of althletics. Now it's my turn to turn them into a quilt when I have the time, the space, the supplies, and the sanity.

And this is just the good stuff that I found. Who cares about the crap that I can't recall. You guys aren't losing sleep over. At least I hope not. If that's the case. You're in worse shape than me. That's not a compliment.

Now, unfortunately, it's my job to organize it all. The booze will add to the collection (that is if it's any good. We'll let Hayley test it out). The shirts will be added to my collection for varying sewing projects. The scarf will go into the sacred Beaver Gear box. You get the picture.

But first, I'm getting dragged out to a comedy show. Ya, exactly. Medford. Comedy. Plus a $4 cover. Well as long as there's a bar. I can always laugh after I've been drinking.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOh, a tshirt quilt. I've been looking to make one of those. I have four thousand tshirts from my younger days that need to be attacked.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS