Thursday, April 2

Spring Break: En Route

Spring Break this year consisted of flying out of PDX, landing in Long Beach, jumping the San Pedro Bay, and loading up on a floating hotel for a week.

Nervous? Yes. Being out in the middle of the ocean isn't exactly relaxing to me.

Bummed to be cut off from civilization? Yes. My phone is my life. My thumbs got a little chubby from being away (as well as other body parts since most people gain 5 lbs. underway).

All shoved up in the truck on the way to the airport. I mentioned that we could ride the Max to the airport and save money on parking the truck for a week. Then my dad reminded me that my mother would probably have an opinion on that. Good call. I don't want to subject the family to that droning. Driving it is.

Since we got to the airport with pleeeenty of time to kill, we decided on some lunch. What? There's a Rogue Brewery there? With Chocolate Stout? Delish. Yes, we'll have one of those.

Thankfully the buzz was enough to drown out my mother's complaining about still having to wait an hour-plus for our flight. I love good beer.

This is the janky Long Beach Airport. Doesn't it just scream Havana 1965? It had like 6-8 gates. And by gates, I mean doors. How about remodeling? I mean, Medford's is passing you up. Sad.

Trac,...please correct the Addict Eyes.

Much better. Oh my...the goodness. And we had it on the way back too. Yes. Be jealous.

There's nothing like In 'n Out. It's on a pedestal for us in the Southern Oregon circuit. The closest one we can get to is Redding, which is a 3 hour drive. So this is like our Cinderella moment. And we only get that moment once-twice a year. Usually circled around a vacation.

Group shot. Thank you to the employee who cleans the parking lot. I know you loved your 15 seconds of fame taking a picture of some pale ass Oregonians. You're welcome.

Mmmm....

This was the awesome bridge we had to drive over. It's pretty awesome. I'd compare it to the bridge in San Diego to Coronado. Or one going over the Willamette in Portland. But you know my mother and bridges. Well if you don't, she reacts like I do on rollercoasters. Hyperventilating. Screaming at someone. The thoughts of going too fast. You'd think she was in labor with her panting. Ya, that was a fun experience.

Coming up next: Underway, Days 1-3

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS