Friday, April 3

Spring Break: Underway

Just for the record, I attempted to load up some of the pictures that my dad took on his camera. But I got 2 "ERRORS" in a row. I tried. Oh well. Just stalk Trac on FB for some of the pictures.

This is my artistic shot of the 2 most important things that I could have brought with me on the boat. My lesbian shoes and a rum 'n coke. One a reminder that I'm still a granola-eating neo-hippie...and the other that there are still forms of relaxation that can be smuggled onto a controlled vessel.

Cheers! Yes, Hay's got a drink in her hand. While the boat didn't allow the Girls to drink even though we were in international waters, the Sheriff posted his own rules. While they had milder beverages than my dad and I, they still enjoyed their fair share of Pina Coladas (courtesy of parental bar runs).

On the balcony of my parents' stateroom. Dad checking the Princess Patter for the day's events. While there were entertaining things to do, like going to the Art Auction and scoring some free champagne, there were some not so entertaining things. Like the Single Mingle, or the LBGT Mixer. Not really our cup of tea. I'd rather drink alone that try and make friends with college dudes or real lesbians.

Another cruise ship that was going out of the same port: Norwegian Star. I think ours was slightly bigger (that's what she said).
Trac talking to Dane before we headed out to sea for a lonely, anti-technologied 7 days.

A pretty good shot of the rest of the females in the family, waiting for our boat to break free.

Go Navy, Beat Army. (Umm, wook, what kinda ship is this?) Ya, we're still in port.

My mom and her closed eyes. Spring Break '09...wooohoo.

Two very lackluster mojitos. Very lackluster.

A little Puddle Pirate (Coast Guard) base. My mom: "I want to live there." Cuz that's going to happen.

"Mermaid off the port bow!" (Name that movie.)

The Norwegian Star off to the side of our boat. Their port calls were in reverse order as ours so they were hanging back on their way to Cabo. But pretty nifty to see a floating hotel at night. Also, kinda creepy.

Wake surfing anyone? If I had to guess, I'd say the wake was like 140' wide. But obviously, my guess has no professional bearing.

Day One on the Boat: Out for a little sun, which ended up being cloudy for most of the day. But it was nice to not have a care in the world, lay back, read, and chuckle as real life situations are presented in which how to combat zombies. Oh, Max Brooks.

Yes, I wore pants. I'm over the thought of a redhead getting tan. This redhead doesn't have the genetics. I freckle. And while a hodpodge of freckles does induce a slight indication of color, I'm not the biggest fan of a butt-load of freckles. Besides, everyone else friiiiiied that day, even though we had cloud cover. Points, Ashley.

Dad and another rum 'n coke. Hey, we're on vacation. Back off.

Example A: Why I didn't expose flesh while outside reading. Everybody got burnt. And the burns only darkened. Yikes. After frying in Hawaii, I'm so over burning so I just stay covered or lather up the Coppertone. But usually, I just don't go out.

A little fruit carving demonstration. Hay and I were the only ones really up for that. Call us Food Network Challenge junkies.

The Sheriff...also the Town Crossdresser?

This is how my parents were pretty much the whole time. Mom reading her Janet Evanovich's...and Dad reading his man books. And the binocs were practically glued to his face. And if they weren't, they were back in the stateroom. And this girl would have to climb the stairs to get them. I only wish the stair workouts would even out the caloric intake.

"Dar she blows!"

Trac, really into Twilight...the second one. Hay was reading the first. I giggled at that, and sat there reading my zombie book. Vampires...zombies...what's next?
But being on a boat for a week wasn't too bad. The only bad day of the cruise, was the last, which caused us all to take Dramamine. But it was entertaining to take a shower...on a slightly moving vessel. And don't drop the soap. Not because Inmate #09345 is after you, but because bending over will cause you to hit your butt and your head on the walls. After wook's apartment and this cruise ship, I'm now well versed in quick showering techniques. Limited sitting down for me now.

And the food was great, which is why people's jeans fit a little tighter after a cruise. Worth it? That part is still out for the verdict. It was fun. We'll see how long it takes for the weight to come off. But "so far, so good" was my motto for the week. And we'll see if/where wook wants to cruise for our next vacation.

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS