Saturday, November 21

Beta-Carotene Anyone?

So in an effort to find a recipe for carrot salad that doesn't require mayonnaise (yuck!), I stumbled across this delectable delight. And after almost one serving, I'm heading back to the bowl for more.

Recipe via AllRecipes.com:

4 carrots, shredded (I bought them pre-done)
1 apple, peeled/cored/shredded (didn't have one, so not this time)
1 T lemon juice (I used orange juice, instead - didn't have lemon juice)
2 T honey (Organics, yay!)
1/4 c slivered almonds
salt & pepper to taste (I nixed this all together)

Tasty, tasty, tasty. Although it's a different take on the carrot salad, it's a tasty one that doesn't have to be refrigerated because of the dairy product. Yay. Who wants to picnic with me? Oh wait, that's right. It's November. And it's getting cold outside. No picnic then. Just me, some carrot salad, Hulu.com, and an empty loft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS