Thursday, November 12

Happy Nor'Easter Day Half Off!

What's that mean? It means the weather is so bad right now my office closed. And I'm home. Safely, yes. With only a couple skids on the way home. And now that I'm home. I'm staying home. I thought about going to the mall since I figured no one would be there. But...that's 3 blocks to walk...in the rain...and the severe wind...and that's just not worth getting completely drenched for. Sorry, mall. Maybe next time.

I'm a lucky one also. Half the office wasn't in because they couldn't get in. Roads were flooded, bridges closed, and kids were home as all schools were closed. I, somehow, missed the severe weather and traffic. But I still felt like Yoshi on banana peels the whole way. Without the Fishing Cloud Man to put me back onto the roadway.

And this is a screen shot from 10am this morning. Let's just say my building had some issues. Some flooding issues. Over the numerous floors. All building management hands were on deck. And all the towels, buckets, trash bags, and bodies were used to try and contain the mess that was being inflicted on the building. And apparently this is the first time in 10 years my office has closed for a storm like this. Dayum. But hey, here's to getting out early but being credited a full day's work. I'll take it. And some leftovers from last night's event. Mmmmm, crab dip. I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS