Friday, November 6

Officially Signed Up For Torture

I just did it. For wook and I. We're official. We signed on the dotted line. We forked over the fees. We're excited that it's now on the calendar. We're really crazy. But it'll be fun. Or at least, it should be fun.

March 2010: Shamrock Half Marathon

And the kicker. Mommy McD's signed up also. Yes! Someone else in my corral time. How boring would it be run all by yourself (that's wook's issue - and he's uber bummed that you can't have headphones on during the race as it's a safety hazard). Thankfully I'll have someone else in the "Second to Slow As Balls" category. But I'm okay with running slow. I'm not looking to win. I'm looking to finish. And drink the beer that's at the end of the journey. The free beer.

It's been a few years since I "competed" in running. And I use that term loosely.

It was the Summer of 2006 and it was Hood2Coast. 196 miles total. 3 legs of running (5.4 miles at "medium," 7.5 miles at "very hard" - I never wanted to die so bad, and 4.5 miles at "medium" - which I did die, and had to be replaced for the last mile. Check please!). Would I do that again? The jury is still out. But it was a great time had with the Sheriff, for sure.

But I'm looking forward to this. It's only 13.1 miles. And I have a fan club. Okay, well a fan. And I'm hers. I assume we'll be thoroughly entertained the whole time with conversation, looking at cute guys, wondering what her family is up to at the very moment, what food we're dying to eat, how we can almost taste the beer, and where we can find a little Asian lady to "You want raza (razor)?" our feet.

Mommy McD, I recommend we take the next day to pamper ourselves. I'll request the day off from work. You'll tell the husband you'll be home that Monday night. It'll be good. Because I'm pretty sure we won't want to move for a few days. Except for pulling my leg out of some hot water bath, to be rubbed by some poor little soul, while watching Killer Blood ooze from trees, and thinking that McDonald's sounds really good right now. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I could never run a half marathon but I've always secretly wished I had the skills. Take tons of pictures!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS