Saturday, November 28

It's Beginning To Look A lot Like Christmas

If it were up to me, we'd skip Thanksgiving entirely. Nothing is more in the way of Christmas decorating than that one holiday that celebrates giving Small Pox blankets to the Natives.

"That's what they get for being on our land before we got to it." - Wook

So with a quick run to Kmart and Michael's, then back home, then a return trip to Kmart when we realized we bought one package of multi-color lights (both of us: FAIL!), then a pitstop at Panera for grub before returning back home and starting the onslaught.

And you know it's a good sign when Pandora's first Christmas song is Mariah. Yes!

Wook starting to put up the lights on the lower half of our windows. That's as far as he got. My simple request of making sure the lights all point inward thwarted his efforts. Apparently the lights were not cooperating with him. And since I was fighting heavily with the garland, I suggested a trade. And the trade went well.

My garland wrapped around the pole looked more like a 3rd grade science experiment. Wook's looked like he bitch-slapped Martha Stewart, shoved her down the stairwell, and took over her empire. He's that good.

And so I give you my finished product. Gorgoeous! I love it. And while I was perched up in the window sill, people would walk by and wave. I felt partially like a Macy's window display, and partially a window display in the Red Light District of Amsterdam. Either way, it looks good.

And a shot from the sidewalk after I strung lights up on our door. And the best part...is the wreath. It's a bell wreath! I felt like a cat all day playing with my new toy. You would have thought I was part of a Southern Baptist choir, minus the robe. It's great. Well, I think it's great. Wook's opinion is very different. He's about ready to give the cat to a Korean family for dinner. He's not a fan of the bells. I say, not yet.

1 comment:

  1. I'm well impressed with your decorations! How cute, and very festive! Well done, Rashley! Rrrraaaaawwwww!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS