Sunday, November 29

I'm Pretty Sure 4-Day Weekends Are The Shit

I've never had such a recharge. It's been great. Absolutely no real responsibility since getting off work Wednesday. Minus not killing my house guests. But that wasn't too hard.

Since last Monday, I had Mommy McD invade with her 2 trolls. It was great. It was loud. It was tight. But it beats making her straight-jacket her children for the week while perusing Craigslist for fill-in husbands.

Would we do it again? Yes. With hopefully a bigger place to house the toys, laughs, head bonks, step stools, liquor, scary monsters, pretzels, shoe shine equipment, and coins.

So Monday looked like this: 9-5:30pm

And Tuesday looked like this: 9-5:30pm. No, wait, 6:00pm. No, make it 6:30pm.

And Wednesday looked like this: 9-4:59pm. I'm outta here!!!!!!!!!!

As no one felt like cooking the day before ultimate cooking, we hit up CPK.

Now while you depict this picture as Braxton taking a break from his coloring. I see a future valedictorian writing his acceptance letter to graduate school. Yes, all from this photo.

But Kenny seemed more entertained by the silverback gorilla that graced the table.

That night included movies, lounging, a couple adult beverages, and an early bedtime. And for Sarah, she heard wook stumble home from the bars around 12:30am, rummage around the kitchen for something, make his way up stairs, pop in Two Towers, crawl into bed, and pass out. I heard nothing. I felt another body in the bed when I woke up at 8am the next morning. Heavy Sleeper of the Year award right here. I'll work on my speech.

And what I thought was killer, was that the very next day was only Thursday. Holy shit, I love this. And I don't have to work on Friday. Can this get any better???

Oh wait, someone else is cooking the meal? Oh great, what time should I be over?

Amongst this delicious layout of food, I did nothing. I didn't touch, help make, or pull out of the oven any of the meals you see. Lazy? No. Delegational? Yes.

Now I did help put a serious dent in the wine. And I opened it too. That's points, right?

And my moment of glory: cleaning up. And can you read the apron?? It says, "Women Aren't People." And it's Wook's. I made it for him as a college graduation present. The men thought it was hysterical. The women thought different. Now you see why I have an apron on my Christmas list this year.

1 comment:

  1. I remember shopping for that apron with you and almost peeing my pants when you told me what you were going to put on it....

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS