Thursday, November 5

How Wookie & Co. Throw A Halloween Bash

Our motto: Go big or go home. We don't half-ass anything. So when it comes to throwing a Halloween party, after getting the idea less than a week before the big day, we pull out all the stops. And it was amazing.

First off, I made a party website. Yes, a party website. Here. I was hoping to drum up some marketing efforts to get people to actually come. What I got was...well...a different story. My website got out there. Somehow. After only posting it on Facebook to a private event page. So it's not like the world knew. But still, people in our building found out. And we had a knock on the door by someone a couple floors up asking if it was an open party. Wow. I'm flattered. But sorry, this is email invite only. Apparently I might have a future in marketing and events. Oh wait...

Decorations were stellar. And I'm not talking lame decorations of a bowl of candy corns and pretzels. We had severed fingers. Bloody hands. Themed cupcakes. A graveyard of guac. Everything you should expect from a Wookie & Co. event. Sorry, there aren't any pictures of that because, well, I was in "work mode" during the set-up. I can get into the serious zone sometimes. And by the time guests arrived, I was a couple beverages deep.

Wook even bought a fog machine. That's how dedicated he is to the cause. Take Bond Party, mix it with a Halloween theme, and you have last Saturday night. Exceptional.

The night was a huge success. Huge. We had a great turnout. Our top number was 24 guests. Just perfect, considering our square footage is like less than 900. Most of the food was eaten. The costumes were creative. Everyone from Ren & Stimpy, to Braveheart, to Satan, to Hitman, to Taylor Swift and Kanye, and more. Beverages were consumed. Dancing was had. And the singing was plentiful.

I give you the best singing of the night. I was floored when there was the versing battle. Just floored. And I apologize for the poor lighting. But this was a Halloween party after all.

And when will the next Wookie & Co. event be had? St. Patty's Day? Maybe. But then there's that ol' Half Marathon the wookie & I are debating. So we'll see. But we'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. You should do the St. Patty's party anyway... race weekend... post race. I bought my registration, so I have to do it or Mark will shoot me.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS