Monday, November 30

That 4-Day Weekend Has Created A Monster

I don't want to do a damn thing today. I want to curl up back in my tiger-striped pajama pants and hit the snooze button until, say, Noon. Sleep makes me happy. Watching movies from bed while the rest of the world is at work makes me happy. I love cleaning in the morning, while it doesn't exactly make me ecstatic, it's better than doing it at night when there are cocktails to be had.

Today is no different. Well, it is kinda. First off, I was up at the butt-crack of dawn because I needed to move my car out of the parking garage before the evil arm was lowered and I am forced to pay the City of Norfolk copious amounts of fees because I technically parked my car in the parking garage since Wednesday evening. Am I a bad person? Heck no. I'm merely circumnavigating the system. I don't feel like paying the high fees it costs to put my car in the parking garage when I can park on the street next to the Bentley and Rolls Royce. So unfortunately today started a little early.

And with this extra hour-plus in my morning, I took the time to list out all my Christmas card recipients' addresses, along with corresponding card count (can't go over the amount I have, can we?). Well, I'm missing a good half of my addresses. Whether they're stuck in emails somewhere, or in Facebook messages, or those people have moved for the umpteenth time, I'd rather play Detective this morning and get all those address figured out than go to work.

I miss the days of laziness. The days where I'd wake up, make Wook coffee, do a load of laundry, hit the gym for an hour, come back, shower, throw the load of wash in the dryer, peruse the millions of recipe websites for dinner ideas, make lunch, take a stroll around town admiring the buildings, water, cute houses, and uneven sidewalks.

Now I wake up. Scrounge for a bowl of Cheerios. Maybe make coffee. Shower. Dry hair. Hopefully put make-up on. Dress like I'm going to the Republican National Convention. And try to get out the door by 8:20am. Am I successfully in these attempts? Usually. But there are the sometimes where I won't have time to put makeup on before I head out the door, so it has to come with me. There are the times when I don't have time or energy to iron my clothes, so I put on an all-black ensemble (like today), something that doesn't require ironing (like today), and I hope people don't ask if my Great Aunt Murna died (like today).

I guess it's a good thing my vacation time isn't valid until next year. Because I'd seriously debate not doing a damn thing today. Well minus going to the gym, doing some laundry, cleaning the shower, mopping the floor, putting away clean clothes, and making dinner. So it's technically doing something today, but it doesn't count since I'd be in pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS