Thursday, November 26

Let's Get Together For Some Thanks

I give you in no particular order, the awesomeness of the life of Mrs. Wookie. Let's go...

First off, Mama Ging and the Sheriff. Without them, well, I'd have smaller eyes, probably not redhair, I'd be average in height, I'd probably go to a different, much lamer, college, and I won't be able to play at Crater Lake since it's practically in my backyard.

Then there's the whole family (minus Trac, who was stuck at school). We're pretty retardedly fun. I say we put the "fun" in "dysfunctional."

Then there's Hay who's an almost spitting image of myself, minus younger, a lot more sassy, who looks pretty hot with blonde highlights, can actually cook a full meal, and who loves the gays in Portland as much as the next Kathy Griffin, and who once parked her own car in Downtown so she could take a ZipCar to Ikea. Go figure.

And then there's Middle Sister, the one with the severe coffee addiction, the one who looks killer with caramel lowlights, the one who packs 11 belts on the trip to Hawaii for 8 days, and the one who can handle babysitting 4 kids under 5, including a set of twins, without even flinching that an explosive diaper annihilated her clothing. Pro, I tell you.

We're shmucks. Just look at us. And you can tell who paid attention to my words of wisdom while on vacation this year. The words of wisdom: "Wear sunscreen." Only me.

And the best part: Shmucks who sneak 3 fifths of liquor aboard our cruise ship. Now who will drink to that with me?? Just don't let the Sheriff make your drinks. They can be a bit much, especially when the liquor kicks in right as you step into the shower...on a boat...on a rocking boat. Fun times.

And speaking of family, well, almost family. We have to wait until February to cheer for either a Boy or Girl, but this growing stomach tumor is quickly making its way to arrival day. And since I'm the only one on the wrong coast, I have to settle for Facebook to keep me updated. But in case you're reading, Brother, Amber, I gladly accept more pictures and information to pass along to my readers. Thanks!

Then there's my boy. Well, I call him my 'boy,' but it's hardly that. The man can grow a full beard, rig a trebuchet, cook an amazing meal, and navigate multi-million dollar aircraft. How's that for stellar? And pretty soon, he'll be adding the coveted Wings to his uniform.

And college. I loved you. I miss you. I just don't miss the homework. But I do miss living so close to everyone. I miss Local Boys. I miss McMenamin's. I miss Tuesday Night Dinners. I miss Thursday Night parties. I don't miss Friday morning headaches. I miss everyone in one zip code. I miss the mountains being so close. I miss the hiking, the seafood, and the scenery. I pretty much miss it all. Just not the work.

I'm very thankful for a healthy liver. Without it, my world would be dry. Pun intended.
I'm glad I've been able to travel. I've been to Napa with wook, Hawaii with my family, and Europe by myself (that time). I like seeing places, meeting people, trying foods, tasting beverages, taking pictures, buying magnets, and sending postcards.

And I loved that I had Tour Guide Fluent-German Barbie to assist me during my travel.

Then there's the times when I travel with the sisters. It's fun. It's entertaining. It's hilarious to take bets to see a.) how long it will take Mama Ging to fall asleep, b.) how long it will take Mama Ging to tell us to swallow to un-pop our ears, or c.) how long it will take the Sheriff to zip off his zip-off pants.

And oh, the places we travel. The delectable places we go. Delicious. I miss it.

Then there's my favorite female on this coast. But that's not really a competition. It's fact. And I pretty much visit her where ever she lives. La Pine, Oregon. Pittsburgh, PA. Woodbridge, VA. You live there, Aunt Bop will visit.

And then there's her crazy family. They're loud. They're funny. But they're hysterical. And they always sap my energy. I leave tired every time. They have toddlers. Okay, well 1 toddler, and 1 pre-schooler. But still...young boys...leave me pooped.

My little men. They kill me. And I'm teaching them to kill Uncle Wookie too. Awesome.

My Oregonian Partner B, Dr. Stacey Kervorkian, saved me intense therapy needs with her love for the Orange and Black, the ability to waste hours entertained in Target, her professional jello shots, with introducing me to Shaun of the Dead, and her love for my singing voicemails.

But Oregon wouldn't be the same without the Futon & Breakfast clan of Corvallis. They housed me a multitude of times while I was militarily displaced from Mr. Wookie. But I can't blame them. It's great when you have old college friends in town. You revert back to the good days. The golden days. The days where you playing the Family Guy drinking game, for 3 episodes, then decide to break into the hot tub, but then realize that you're drunker than you should be and head back. Oh, the days...great days.

And if I don't have pictures of you, well, it's obviously a sign that you need to visit me more. Enough said. Book a flight. We have a hide-a-bed. You're welcome to visit. But if you have an infamous meal, be warned that I'll make you cook it for me. That's just my style. And it's kind of like a Finders Fee for Wookie & Co. for putting you up in our loft and showing you around. What are you waiting for? Come see us already.

And lastly the Orange and Black family. I love Corvallis. It's a great college town. With a great school. There's just something about those who come together for the spirit of the Orange and Black. Whether it's mimosas with morning games or Hop, Skip, And Go Naked with afternoon games, it's a great time spent with family, roommates, old roommates, alumni, donaters, and everyone alike. I miss you guys. But I'll be back. Trust me. I will be back.

1 comment:

  1. The Sheriff says: First the comment about "the Sheriff in the bar delay" and now the taking bets on "the Sheriff zipping off the legs of the zip off pants" is making you slide down the inheritance ladder....

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS