Tuesday, November 3

Smurfette, Interrupted

I'm on the ball yesterday. I'm up. With my alarm. Showered. Dressed. Ready for the day. Make the 2 block walk to my car. Boop, boop. Wait? Huh? No Boop, boop? Okay, take key, open door like 1987. Get in. Arrange pencil skirt for zero crease lines. Insert key. Turn. No response.

Wait, what??

Take out key. Re-insert key. Turn. No life. No lights. No sirens. No love.

What do I do now?

Call wook? Nope, he's at work already. And can't be reached. Umm...

Dad?

Ring, ring.

The Sheriff: Marco?" (Yes!)

Me: "Polo! So my car won't start."

So the Sheriff walks me through it all. And you may wonder, why didn't you have someone just jump you? There wasn't anyone around. Plus, I don't know a soul out here really. So road-side assistance, it is.

So I get out the insurance card, call the number on the back for road-side help. A couple minutes later I get the confirmation robotic call from a dialing system saying that "assistance will be there in 45 minutes...are you in a safe location?" Ugh. 45 minutes. The time is now a little after 8:30. The normal time I leave for work. So let's just say Ashley will be quite late for work.

The hour goes like this. Key dude arrives in like 15 minutes, and gets my car started in like 5 minutes. Then on my way to work, I call Sears. "Hi, my car battery is dead. I got jumped to get it to work. So I'll need a new battery. And while you're at it, my wipers could use replacing. And I also need a ride to work right across the street." Check, check, and check.

Clock into work at 9:23. Not too shabby.

I get the call that my car's ready sometime past 1pm. Yay.

So come 5:20 when I clock out, I thankfully am able to get a ride from a coworker across the street to Sears. And again, you may be thinking, You had to get a ride across a street? Yes, a big street. And at night. Umm, I don't think so. I don't want the local news report to be, "Gawky Ging abducted at knifepoint all because someone from work couldn't give her a ride." The end. So I got a ride.

The grand total of damage: $152.52

One new battery and installation. Two wipers and installation. Service fees.

And because I was slightly paranoid about my car not working this morning, I walked out to test it before wook headed into work this morning. Okay, good. It runs. It better. Otherwise there'll be another news report out, "Irate Ging takes New Battery Warranty and shoves up Sears Auto Care Manager's @$$. News at 11!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS