Sunday, November 22

Invasion: Mommy McD & Family

So I got my wish. The Navy is sending away Daddy McD. Cue maniacal laughter.

Too bad there's so much to do around the house.

As I did dishes this morning, I realize that the Wookie & Co. loft is no where near appropriate for children. No locking cupboards, outlet covers, electronic cords everywhere, and glass products galore. Wow. I feel like I'm trying to crunch a whole nesting episode in less than 36 hours.

Now if only I didn't have to work Monday - Wednesday this week and hang out with Mommy McD & Co. Then we could hit up the mall for fun, watching some Backyardigans, and run while it's still light out.

Instead, she'll experience the typical Wookie household of coming home from work, hopefully on time, maybe a little tired, hopefully not too stressed, throwing together a meal resembling dinner, squeezing in a run/yoga class/workout session, then calling it a night with Lord of the Rings (we put the sleep timer on, so in actuality we only watch 15 minutes a night before falling asleep).

Now, I know, I should be cleaning instead of blogging, but sometimes you just need a break in the action. A time out. And I think I'll start another break by getting a snack. Seems that the cinnamon bread French Toast from this morning has finally worn off. Lunch time!

1 comment:

  1. just so you know - we don't have locking cupboards either. The only child proofing we've done is some of the outlet covers, and gates when they were head heavy. Thanks for letting us invade.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS