Monday, November 9

Day #1 of Half Marathon Training

The victims: Wookie & Co. The distance: 2.2 miles. The location: Downtown to Ghent.

The conversations...

Wookie: "We just passed 5 minutes"
Me: "Oh, kill me."

Me: "Are we done yet?"
Wookie: "No."

Me: "Can we start walking yet?"
Wookie: "No."

Wookie: "Left, left, left, right, left."
Me: "Shut up."

Wookie: "Woman, it was your idea to run this Half Marathon in the first place."
Me: "Ya, I know."

The conclusion: Getting back into the gear of running sucks. Gone are the days of Dr. Stacey Kevorkian and I, pounding the pavement, around the neighborhoods of East Medford, at night, singing along to Queen, making sure I don't eat shit down Delta Waters Rd (this blogger + curbs = the running ability of a newborn giraffe). Now all I get are Marine Corp cadences (not Navy, mind you). So am I running a Half Marathon or a Navy PRT (Physical Readiness Test)? You decide.

1 comment:

  1. 129 days until we attempt to kill ourselves, all in the name of watching cute runner ass go by us...

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS