Monday, May 18

About Me: This Week*

So my boxes o' possession showed up last week.  Finally.  And I was able to unpacked them a couple days later.  You guys saw the evidentiary proof.  Although I don't have everything in my arsenal here with me, it's enough to get me by.  I think.

And now that I have all my stuff with me, I should really pound the Job Search '09 hard.  It's boring not being employed.  After college graduation, I had a nice relaxing summer cruising the country.  But now that I know what working 40 feels like, it's hard to go back to the lazy lifestyle.  I do admit, getting let go in January was perfect timing.  I had a family vacation in place, was able to add another.  But when it comes to it, when wook has the day off motivation can be a bit hard to find.  Especially in between the X-Files and HIMYM episodes.

Maybe this week will be better for my jump back into the exercise world.  I ran last week on Monday.  Just that one day.  I felt better the next day.  Hip flexors had a good workout.  But finding the motivation is another thing.  And I have a running schedule.  But sticking to it's another thing.  Come on, Ashley, come on.

I've crunched the numbers, and I'll be joining the Gym Downtown because of their yoga schedule.  Twice on Tuesday (one in the afternoon, one in the evening - like I have anything occupying my time in the afternoon yet), once on Saturday morning.  It's just under $40/month.  And you get a free week to try things out.  Wook does the boxing classes, and lifts/runs on his own.  I haven't tried it out yet, but hopefully it's worthwhile.  My chi needs centering.  And I need a new mat.  A 72"-er.  Hopefully I can wait out for Lululemon.

And I plan on working the baking industry this week.  Although I still need muffin tins, cooling racks, and some baking ingredients, I need to get back into the kitchen and play house some more.  Besides, I need a little variety in my breakfast.  And unfortunately, those 800-calorie muffins from Costco don't cut it.  Delicious, but can I get less calorie, more nutrient?  Yes.  It's called making them at home.  Can't wait.  Target, here I come.

*This may become a weekly installment as I still loiter around Norfolk, looking for something to occupy my time which hopefully comes with a paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS