Thursday, May 21

Colonial Williamsburg

About an hour's drive North is a wee ol' bit o' history.  Say it with me now, "Ye Ol' Colonial Williamsburg."  Or at least, that was the theme of the day.

And we're off.  Thankfully it was a nice day to be outdoors.

OOooooo, pretty flowers.  I don't know how many times I pulled over to take a picture, but the boys just kept on moving.  That's okay.  I'll catch up.

And the Man Date begins.

Ye Ol' Governor's Palace.  And Ye Ol' Big Ass Yard To Mow.

So he looks kinda cute in this contraption.

And he's good to go.  But getting out proved a bit more challenging.

Cute little houses.  I want a white picket fence.  Just not the poor insulation of these.

Ye Ol' Squirrel.  Ya, I'm telling you, this kept going on.

Upclose and personal with the Governor's Palace.

My only authentic picture of the day (notice I cropped the asphalt out of the shot).

I'm telling you, I'd stop and take pictures of everything.  

I love old graves.  The older, the better.  Too bad the 1700's were a little hard to read.

And Lutheran Joe sitting in his Episcopalian Pew.

And the Man Date finishes with Williamsburg Bottled Root Beer.

Jackpot!  Tasting by the glass?  An Australian Shiraz?  For $4.50 (plus that stupid measure called tax, making it $4.95)?  And you think we're awesome 'cuz we're from Oregon?  Score.

Now this time I really saw something shiny.  Me likey.  All three.

Wha'cha up to?  Writer's block?  Try the wine.  That always loosens me up.

1 comment:

  1. didn't realize you were into that whole bondage thing...

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS