Sunday, May 10

Town Point Wine Festival

Downtown Wine Festival.  $25/entry.  11am - 6pm.  Oh goodness.

What was supposed to be an all-day thing for me, thankfully only ended up being 5 hours or so.  Anymore, and I think one of us wouldn't have made it.  (Not wook & I.  One of wook's classmates.)

The VA wines we tasted were okay.  I'm still partial to Cali and So. Oregon varieties.  There was one that knocked our socks off.  It was a merlot that was put in old whiskey barrels.  How cool is that?  The hint of whiskey is awesome.  Taste of the day.  Purchase.

White Fences Vineyard's Meteor Bright White for anyone who cares.

The thing seemed to be to taste until you find one you like.  Or are too impatient to get a buzz while tasting.  Then you purchase a bottle, sit out on the pier, and drink.  There were more than just a couple glasses broken yesterday.  If you so desire or need, lather, rinse, and repeat.

I didn't even think about the weather before we left.  I did get a little pink on one arm.  If I were with it yesterday, I would have popped open my umbrella that I always have in my purse.  But I didn't.  The weather wasn't my first priority yesterday.  So now one of my arms is slightly pink.  I'm bummed.  I take pride in my paleness.  It takes skill being too lazy to get even a slight abalone complexion.

And just for fun.  I stalked a wedding party taking pictures in an alley.  Weird.

1 comment:

  1. awesome...i can't wait until after November when i can resume my wine obsession, haha :) glad you guys are having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS