Friday, May 15

Invasion: Bachelor Pad Commandeered

Well you know how I complained about my stuff not arriving "on time" (aka time according to an impatient redhead), well about 45 minutes later, just as wook and I were headed out the door for some grub, these beauties were sitting next to the door.

Woohoo.  Well, sort of.  No knock?  No bing bong?  No chance for me to run in slow motion to the door, rip it open, and cheer for the UPS guy?  Punk.  But at least they're here.  And a note.  I realize the siding looks like they were left outside.  Nope.  This is the hallway to the condos/wook's apt.  Secured via keypad.  Safe and sure.  Now get inside boxes!

Thank you handsome.  He's thrilled.  Wouldn't you be if you were carrying a 45-lbs box.  And the picture is a little crooked.  Can't blame me for being super excited that my existence showed up, can you?

And now, the unveiling of the new (and only slightly improved/estrogenized) apartment...

"You know where you belong.  In the kitchen, baking." - wook.  Umm, can't say I can't agree.

The cupboards play an angelic tune everytime a pot or pan is taken out for use.  It's no surprise.  They've been boxed up for almost 2 years.  Be free, little ones.  But be gentle.  And handwash only.

You know those wine glasses picked up at TJMaxx?  Well here are 2 dead soldiers.  Victims of the half a bottle of merlot last night.  And I suspect the other 2 will fall victim tonight.

I'm a fan of decorating fridges.  Wook is...not so much.

But wook didn't seem to mind these magnets.  Thank you, Stacey.  And another note: Rama Garden.  Thai food.  Oh gawd.  Shwing.

One bag of recycling is easy to take out.  This pile, not so much.  It's been sitting there for a couple days now.  It'll take a team effort.  I'm just stalling.

I used to race home from Little League games to watch X-Files on Fox.  Now I get to indulge in Mulder and Scully anytime I want.  Nerd alert.

Thank you GI Joe's for going out of business.  Your 30% off Beaver gear is awesome.

Well what's this?  Oh, just my new phone.  It came in last week and I finally got my orange jelly cover a couple days ago.  It's the first time I've spent more than $20 on a phone.  Let's just say I'm a simple creature.  Although a simple creature who wanted an orange case for more Beaver spirit.

After much debate, the softball mitt tagged a ride across.  You never know when a pick-up game will happen.  Or wook'll be signed up for a Men's League with his Squadron.  Or we'll score tickets to a Virginia Tides (AAA) game.

It wouldn't be a place to lay my head without more books making their way across.  And what's this?  A picture of the McDaniel clan?  On top of Milk Eggs Vodka?  How'd you get there?  What, are we like friends or something?

My mom likes festive kitchen towels.  Thus the Valentine's Day and the St. Patty's Day ones.  I can't complain.  I like them too.  Just don't use them to wipe up grease.  You use wook's old, nasty ones for that.  Save these for hands and other non-staining battles.

Now this is how you organize a bathroom.  This is the only storage in the bathroom.  It's definitely a Bachelor pad.  Good thing I don't have that much product.  But seriously would it have hurt them to put in more counter space?  My toothbrush can barely stay on.

And a little relocating of the bookshelf that was upstairs.  Now it's in the bathroom.  Holding supplies.  I have way too many washclothes.  (I use a new one every shower.  It creeps me out otherwise.)  And the jars of cotton balls/pads are actually used.  They're not just for decoration like boys may think.  I like useful things.  Not dust-collecting wastes of space.

Because wook's shower stall doesn't have a ledge big enough to hold a wad of gum, I was forced to purchase a shower caddy.  I still have mixed feelings about them, but at least I have all my supplies within reach.

And lastly, a girl's closet.  Well, half a closet in this instance.  There are my clothes and shoes.  No, really.  Those are all the shoes I own (minus that ratty pair of sneakers that I flew over in).  Small?  Yes.  Room for improvement?  Yes.  But I'll be honest.  I've been in an anti-shoe/purse shopping mood lately.  Don't know why.  But it's happened.  Oh well, at least my wine fix is still active.

And below my hanging clothes are my "dressers."  Just those 2 bins hold all my clothes (minus the small collection that's hanging).  I'm telling you, there's not much left after you downgrade your wardrobe to pieces that still fit you and you still wear.  Goodbye but-I-still-love-it-even-though-it's-too-big or I-haven't-worn-it-in-3-years-but-I-still-love-it.  Consignment, consignment, consignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS